Since Industry Standard Research released our first report on CTMS in 2014, the size of the eClinical market has grown significantly. Sources project that the eClinical industry will continue to grow by another ~13% in the next 5 to 7 years. In that time, the eClinical industry has evolved away from individual technologies and toward integrated Clinical Trial Management Systems (CTMS) that provide clinical trial managers at sponsor organizations, CROs, and sites access to a centralized reporting system.
These solutions support patient recruitment and enrollment, site identification and monitoring, budgeting and financial planning, compliance with government regulations, project management and reporting, compatibility with other systems such as EDC, eTMF, ePRO, and IRT, and more.
As the push for further technological integration and innovation continues, ISR aims to stay abreast of the market dynamics and to benchmark service provider performance against the needs of CTMS customers. We surveyed 121 qualified CTMS decisionmakers to gather their insights on the importance of various attributes in selecting a CTMS provider as well as their satisfaction with the performance of various CTMS providers against those same attributes. Survey respondents identified “must have” technical capabilities for CTMS solutions, described current trends in outsourcing, and provided an outlook on the provisioning models they expect to see over the next two years. We also asked respondents to provide direct feedback on what their preferred providers do well and what they can improve upon, as well as suggestions for how the next generation of CTMS can grow and support hybrid/decentralized trials.
Pharmaceutical, biopharma, or biotech sponsor organizations and CROs:
- Learn which CTMS providers are being most utilized by your peers
- Forecast what to expect in terms of outsourcing CTMS services, the use of preferred providers, and future provisioning models
- Benchmark CTMS vendor performance based on data from current and recent users
Vendors that offer other eclinical technologies:
- Understand which solutions respondents would prefer to purchase from the same vendor as their CTMS provider
CTMS service providers:
- Understand the importance sponsors place on various service attributes and technical capabilities when selecting a CTMS product
- Benchmark 20 different CTMS service providers across 16 attributes based on user experience, which allows providers to gauge their own performance against users’ expectations as well as that of other providers
- Read verbatim responses to understand why respondents prefer specific solutions, what improvements they would like to see in future versions of CTMS, and what suggestions they have for supporting hybrid/decentralized trials
- CTMS Selection Process
- Outsourcing Trends
- CTMS Provider Perceptions
- CTMS Provider Performance
- Study Data
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.