Biosimilar, Follow-on Biologic (FoB), Follow-on protein product – whatever name you know them by you can’t surf the web, attend a conference, or read an industry publication without running into them.
To say the environment around Biosimilars is fluid would be an understatement. With fluidity comes uncertainty and with uncertainly comes opportunity. Many industry pundits are evaluating the Biosimilar market by taking a big picture, macro assessment of the regulatory, clinical development, and commercialization issues.
This is a “Primer” and is not intended to cover the full range of issues currently at the heart of biosimilar discussions. Rather, we at Industry Standard Research (ISR) took a focused approach to answering a few pointed questions around the views pharmacists have regarding Biosimilars. We took this approach because of the fluid nature of the environment. We took this approach because regardless of the nascent legislation recently enacted in the United States and the relatively low adoption of Biosimilars in Europe; we believe that pharmacists will be a key piece to the Biosimilar puzzle.
- Understand the familiarity US Pharmacists have with Biosimilars and what their top concerns are
- Determine the prescribing behavior and recommendations Pharmacists will have with Biosimilars
- Understand their views for regulatory approval/testing and the suggested pricing for Biosimilars
- Safety and Efficacy
- Prescribing Behavior
- Pharmacy-level Substitutions
- Recommending Biosimilars
- Patient Choice/Decision
- Dispense as Written (DAW)
- Regulatory Approal/Clinical Trials
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.