This report features survey data portraying the perspectives of US physicians (cardiologists, CNS/ neurologists, oncologists, PCP, and respiratory/ pulmonologists) regarding their familiarity and prescription propensity for biosimilar products. This is not ISR’s first report on the views that US physicians hold regarding biosimilars. In comparison to our 2013 Biosimilar Primer report, physician familiarity with biosimilars has increased. With this data, biopharmaceutical companies, payers, and service providers can make more informed decisions regarding product marketing, delivery, and manufacturing.
ISR’s report surveyed board certified cardiologists, CNS/ neurologists, oncologists, PCP, and respiratory/ pulmonologists in the U.S. to gain insight into:
- The level of familiarity physicians have with biosimilars
- Intentions for prescribing based on biosimilar pricing
- Opinions of pharmacy switching
- Beliefs on the required clinical development process for biosimilar approval
Familiarity with biosimilars
Prescribing and pricing
- Medicine identification
- Likelihood of prescribing a recently approved biosimilar
- Discount required for physician recommendation
Switching and DAW preference
- Importance of being notified of pharmacy-level substitution
- Opinion on EU ban on pharmacy-level substitution
- Expected biologic prescriptions to be written with a DAW clause
- Likelihood to use DAW clause
- Preferred clinical testing for biosimilars
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.