- Determine where your company’s approach to the Medical Affairs function may be different from a typical industry approach and the benefits and drawbacks that may result.
- Gather information on Medical Affairs structures and headcounts employed by other organizations to provide a new perspective from which to consider your departmental alignment.
- Learn about common industry approaches to practices such as outsourcing and effectiveness measures within Medical Affairs.
- Understand how Top 50 pharmaceutical companies are using social media as well as the benefits afforded by using these platforms and their accompanying challenges.
- Goals of Medical Affairs
- Involvement in Product Development Process
- Medical Affairs and Social Media
- Best Practices for Collaborating on Medical Affairs Work
- Medical Affairs Department Size and Structure
- Effectiveness Metrics
- Outsourcing Behavior
- Main Departmental Challenges & Potential Solutions
- Medical Affairs Budget
- Future Predictions
- Best Practices and Recommendations
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.
Pricing & Ordering
Table of Contents
Potential Best Practices
Interviewee Job Titles
Years of Experience in Medical Affairs
Goals of Medical Affairs
Involvement in Product Development Process
Medical Affairs and Social Media
The Role of Medical Affairs with Social Media
Types of Social Media Sites Used
Social Media: How Is It Working?
Social Media Plans for the Future
Best Practices for Collaborating on Medical Affairs Work
Medical Affairs Department Size and Structure
Attributes of Successful Employees
Location of Staff
Overview of Medical Affairs Structures
Organizational Structures in Medical Affairs
Degree of Outsourcing
Outsourcing to CROs vs. Non-CROs
Vendor Attribute Importance
The Future of Outsourcing for Medical Affairs
Main Departmental Challenges & Potential Solutions
Finding and Honing Talent within Medical Affairs
Pressure to Operate Consistently in Changing and Varied Regulatory Environments
Developing Effective Communications and Publications
Developing Competency to Communicate Effectively on Social Media
Conveying the Value of the Medical Affairs Function
Traditional Role Expanding to Demand More Evidence for Commercial Purposes
Need for Cultural Sensitivity to Increase Competence in Global Markets
Medical Affairs Budget
Sources of Funding for Medical Affairs
Largest Spend Categories
Medical Affairs Budget for 2017
Best Practices and Recommendations