ISR’s Benchmarking the Pharma Industry’s Market Research Function report was built to be used as a tool for readers at pharma companies to compare their market research functions to those of other pharmaceutical organizations. Market researchers in pharmaceutical organizations play an important role in collecting, interpreting, and disseminating data and findings to appropriate stakeholders throughout the company.
To gain a better grasp on the market research function, ISR conducted five in-depth interviews and 31 online surveys with experienced market researchers in the biopharmaceutical space. Research subjects shared their insights on the types of research performed, how their market research function is structured, and outsourcing behavior.
- Determine where your company’s approach to the market research function may be different from a typical industry approach and the benefits and drawbacks that may result.
- Understand how market research efforts are spent across project types, subjects, and lifecycle stages.
- Gather information on market research function structures and headcounts employed by other organizations to provide a new perspective from which to consider your function’s alignment.
- Learn about common industry approaches to practices such as outsourcing, training, and effectiveness measures related to market research.
- Glean insight into financial aspects of the market research function such as budgets and employee salaries.
- Market Research Work
- Market Research Employees
- Effectiveness Metrics and Training
- Organizational Structure of Market Research Function
- Market Research Department Budgets
- Outsourcing Behavior
- Future Predictions
- Survey Respondent Demographics
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.
Pricing & Ordering
Table of Contents
Market Research Work
Number of Brands Supported
Lifecycle Stages of Supported Brands
Division of Research – by Project Type
Spend – by Project Type
Division of Research – by Subject
Division of Research – by Lifecycle Stage
Market Research Employees
Change in Headcount
Location of Staff
Division of Employee Resources
Critical Employee Qualities
Effectiveness Metrics and Training
Barriers to Success
Organizational Structure of Market Research Function
How Market Research Functions Report
Advantages and Disadvantages of Functional Alignments
Market Research Department Budgets
Sources of Funding for Market Research
Number of Brands Receiving Market Research Spend
Market Researcher Salaries
Degree of Outsourcing by Subject
Critical Vendor Qualities
Annual Brand-level Market Research Spend with Vendors
Survey Respondent Demographics
Years of Experience