Looking for our most recent market research report on this topic? Click here.
Medical Affairs, as a function, sits at a crossroads in the pharmaceutical industry. The department is expected to act as a bridge between the commercial and scientific arms of an organization. Medical Affairs is further tasked with being the conduit of information between the company and external stakeholders, bringing efficacy and safety data to the medical community as well as gathering insights from the medical community to share internally. All responsibilities must be undertaken while keeping in mind strict regulatory controls and ensuring that medical data are interpreted appropriately.
ISR has designed this report to be used as a benchmarking tool for companies to compare their Medical Affairs functions to those of Top 50 pharmaceutical organizations.
Medical Affairs department operations and structuring, including:
- Division of work for both global and regional medical affairs
- Department structure and unique department structures within companies interviewed
- Organizational alignment and comparison of Medical Affairs placement
- Outsourcing behavior: services outsourced, vendor selection, reasons for outsourcing
- Size and source of Medical Affairs budget
- Future predictions for the department
Qualities of successful Medical Affairs employees
Medical Affairs goals and clinical trial involvement
Best practices for:
- Clinical trial involvement
- Global and regional communication
- Department structure and function
Understanding the Medical Affairs Function
- Medical Affairs Employees
- Medical Affairs Goals and Involvement
Medical Affairs Department Benchmarking
- Division of Work
- Department Structure
- Organizational Alignment
- Outsourcing Behavior
- Medical Affairs Budget
- Future Predictions
Best Practices and Recommendations
ISR conducted 60-minute telephone interviews with 15 experienced Medical Affairs professionals at 14 of the Top 50 pharmaceutical companies. Respondents were recruited within North American and European geographies and have an average of 10 years of experience in Medical Affairs.
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.