2018 was a decent, not spectacular, year for CROs. We witnessed year-over-year revenue growth from all the major/public CROs. Yet, the major publicly traded CROs took a pause, along with the rest of the market. Remember, the S&P 500 fell by ~6% in 2018, so the fact that most of the public CROs managed to gain, is a win. The biopharmaceutical fundamentals stayed intact and CROs were able to take advantage.
ISR’s report gives quantitative insight into the perpetual question: “What is the size of the CRO market?” The data provide a thorough, rational perspective for clinical development services segmented by phase, geography, and service line.
ISR utilizes both publicly available information and data obtained through our syndicated primary market research efforts.
- Estimated R&D expenditures through 2023
- Projected spending on development, Phase I-IV development, and outsourced Phase I-IV development through 2023, segmented by sponsor type:
- Large pharma – large molecule
- Large pharma – small molecule
- Non-large pharma – large molecule
- Non-large pharma – small molecule
- Spending on CRO services segmented by:
- Phase I-IV
- Overall Market Size and Growth
- 2019 Geographic Assessment
- 2019 Service-line Assessment
- 2019 Development Phase I-IV Assessment
- 2018-2023 CRO Market Model
- 2018-2023 CRO Market Model – Growth Rates
- 2019 Public CRO Market Share
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.