The Sunshine Act has been finalized. The data have been (and are being) collected. The figures are being tallied. The key question for pharma is, and may be for some time, “How significant is this impact?”
In this report, ISR asks physicians across five specialties (Cardiology, CNS / Neurology, Oncology, Primary Care, Respiratory / Pulmonology) to assess the impact that the Sunshine Act has had on their practice now that it has been implemented. Building on data collected two years ago in ISR’s The Sunshine Act: Pharma Impact – Changes in US Physician Behavior, this new edition explores physicians’ evolving concerns with the Sunshine Act.
- How participation in various interactions with pharma has changed since implementation of the Sunshine Act
- Rationale for why the Sunshine Act is negatively impacting some practices
- The most valuable and effective channels of information
- Preferred delivery methods for different types of information
- Which pharmaceutical companies have the most effective sales teams and which have the best online / e-Detailing presentations
ISR conducted 20-minute web-based surveys with 173 U.S.-based, board-certified physicians. Respondents have an average of 17 years of experience and see an average of 105 patients per week.
- Cardiology prescribers: 30
- CNS/Neurology prescribers: 32
- Oncology prescribers: 32
- Primary Care prescribers: 48
- Respiratory/Pulmonology prescribers: 31
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.