Product detailing has seen a tremendous shift in the past few years, as web-based technologies have started to replace face-to-face detail sessions. This report analyzes physicians’ experiences with electronic, in-person, and live guided telephone detail sessions, comparing volume, time, value, and outcomes. Building on data collected two years ago in ISR’s Adoption and Use of eDetailing vs. In-Person Detailing (2012), this new edition explores physicians’ concerns with eDetailing and the decline in face-to-face interaction and provides an updated look at the future of product detailing.
- Needs and expectations for product detail sessions
- The degree to which those needs are met by each detail type
- Perspectives on the types of products appropriate for each detail type
- The volume of detail sessions physicians actually participate in per week by detail type as well as their desired volume of details
- The change in number of details as well as in the length of details over the past two years
- Overall value of and satisfaction with each detail type
ISR conducted 20-minute web-based surveys with 173 U.S.-based, board-certified physicians. Respondents have an average of 17 years of experience and see an average of 105 patients per week.
- Cardiology prescribers: 30
- CNS/Neurology prescribers: 32
- Oncology prescribers: 32
- Primary Care prescribers: 48
- Respiratory/Pulmonology prescribers: 31
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.