One aspect of personalized medicine is certain; it is complicated. If you happen to have a highly scientific background, you actually may be able to define the term. However, if you polled five people very familiar with personalized medicine, you should expect to hear five different definitions.
ISR wanted to understand where oncologists stand on the topic of personalized medicine. We interviewed 101 US-based, board-certified oncologists to gather their views on how familiar they are with personalized medicine, how they are treating patients, what tests are being used and which will be used more, and how their patient treatment regimens could evolve in the future.
- Oncologists’ familiarity with personalized medicine, and perceptions related to hype vs. tangible benefit
- Future predictions for the use and benefits related to personalized medicine in oncology, including potential hurdles to adoption
- Percentage of patients requesting personalized medicine vs. percentage of oncologists suggesting personalized medicine to patients
- Current number of patients treated using genetic tumor profiling vs. oncologists’ predictions for the number in 3 years
- Oncologists’ interest in conducting clinical trials using genetic tumor profiling
- What tests oncologists perform, and how the data are used and stored for use in future clinical trials
1. Current Landscape
- Oncologist familiarity with personalized medicine
- Current perceptions of hype vs. benefit
- Future perceptions of hype vs. benefit
- Willingness of payers to pay for panel tests
2. Genetic Tests and Patient Care
- Prevalence of patients asking for personalized treatments
- Asking patients about completing a genetic profile
- Hurdles preventing widespread use of personalized medicine
- Predictions for the biggest treatment advancements in five years
3. Clinical Trial Views
- Genetic tumor profiling and clinical trial interest
- Using genetic data to match patients for clinical trials
- Trial protocol: Broad vs. Sub-set indication
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.