Today, according to IMS Health, nine of the top ten drugs based on monthly prescription volume are oral solid doses and the top selling drug by sales figures is also an oral solid dose. Both the market dominance and long history of oral dosage forms make this category of drug product a strong candidate for outsourced manufacturing.
This report provides an overview of the current market dynamics in the oral dosage forms contract manufacturing space as well as an outlook of what our survey respondents—all oral dosage outsourcing decision-makers at sponsor organizations—predict the marketplace will look like in 2020. Key statistics include the volume of oral solid dose manufacturing projects, the proportion of these studies that are outsourced, and the average dollar value of these studies.
- Oral Dosage Outsourcing Penetration
- Oral Dosage Forms—Anticipated Areas of Growth
- Service Provider Perception and Selection
- Motivations behind Use or Avoidance of Emerging Market Providers
- Reasons Service Providers Lose Bids
- Oral Dosage Project Volume, and Number of CMOs used
- Oral Dosage Forms Life Cycle Management
- Oral Dosage Drug Product Technologies with Increasing Demand
ISR surveyed 105 respondents who:
- Work for a pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Work in manufacturing—commercial or clinical and commercial responsibilities—API sourcing/management, outsourcing/procurement, quality assurance, regulatory, supply chain, or executive management
- Have responsibility for outsourced drug product manufacturing of oral dosage forms within the past 18 months
- Play a role in gathering information about service providers, selecting service providers, and/or managing service provider activities
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.