This research looks at the internal struggles and opportunities clinical outsourcing departments face on a daily basis. This research has broad applicability for clinical outsourcing departments at sponsor organizations of any size. These findings will help outsourcing departments understand what other peer organizations are facing, have faced, and will face. For service providers, this research will shed some much needed light onto what is important to these departments and what internal motivations are at work.
ISR interviewed 12 high-level clinical development outsourcing decision-makers via a structured 45-minute telephone conversation. After reviewing the interviews, ISR decided to structure this report by creating 12 case studies as well as rolling the findings into our Executive Summary. We think the case study approach will be extremely valuable as it ensures that response nuances are fully captured.
- Outsourcing department operations and structuring, including:
- Departmental challenges, as well as best practices for overcoming these challenges
- How the department is evaluated within the organization
- Roles/departments involved in service provider selection
- Size of the outsourcing department
- Future predictions for the department
- Outsourcing department goals and priorities, including strategies for overcoming challenges and predictions for future changes
- Best practices for: outsourcing department evaluation; departmental structure, resources, and budget; outsourcing models and decision-making
- Determine where your company’s approach to clinical outsourcing may be different from a typical industry approach and the benefits and drawbacks that may result.
- Gather information on unique outsourcing department structures or philosophies employed by other organizations.
- Compare your company’s approach to clinical outsourcing against those of other companies.
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.