Market dominance and a long history of oral dosage forms make this category of drug product a strong candidate for outsourced manufacturing, including to CMOs in emerging markets. New capabilities in oral dosage formulation have the potential to extend the life cycle of some drug products and potentially to enable the oral delivery of new candidates by protecting the API from stomach acidity or assisting in the dissolution of poorly soluble compounds. This report provides an overview of the current market dynamics in the oral dosage forms contract manufacturing space as well as an outlook of what our survey respondents—all oral dosage outsourcing decision-makers at sponsor organizations—predict the marketplace will look like in 2022. Key statistics include the volume of oral solid dose manufacturing projects conducted, the proportion of these projects that are outsourced, the average dollar value of these projects as well as which oral dosage forms will grow in usage over the next five years and which may lose market share.
- Geographic preferences for outsourced oral dosage form manufacturing as well as the motivations behind use or avoidance of emerging market providers
- Reasons for service provider preference, satisfaction drivers and verbatim feedback on CMOs used by respondents in the past 18 months
- Life cycle management and life cycle extension strategies employed by industry peers, in addition to oral dosage market growth drivers
- Understand which CMO attributes sponsors look for when outsourcing oral dosage form manufacturing and how selection attributes differ whether the project is simple or complex. Use this information to more effectively market your company’s services
- Know which oral dosage drug product technologies and capabilities are increasing in demand among sponsors to prepare for future outsourced manufacturing needs
- Gain insight into oral dosage project volume and outsourcing penetration by company type and size in order to better target sales efforts
- Market Dynamics
- Service Provider Perceptions and Selection
- Trends, Predictions, and Preferences
- Geographic Preferences
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.