CMOs continue to expand their service offerings to include specialized development capabilities, especially contract manufacturers with strengths in formulating poorly soluble compounds. Formulation development, analytical development and characterization, clinical trial manufacturing and commercial manufacturing for drug substance and drug product may be obtained from a single provider with end-to-end services. Knowing whether this is the best approach for your organization is challenging. This report dives into how the decision-making process differs among drug innovators outsourcing development activities from those outsourcing commercial manufacturing when it comes to CMO/CDMO selection criteria, use patterns, preferences and perceived leadership. Readers will gain insight into four different outsourcing scenarios for small molecule drugs enabling them to make more educated purchases of CMO services based on their unique needs. CMOs will gain a better understanding of customers’ requirements and how they change as a compound moves through the development to commercialization process.
- Differences in CMO engagement and usage patterns based on outsourcing stage and internal capabilities and/or capacity
- Key differences in CMO selection drivers based on four different outsourcing scenarios: development-stage API manufacturing, commercial API manufacturing, development-stage drug product manufacturing and commercial drug product manufacturing
- Learn which CMO attributes are becoming more important to different types of outsourcing peers in order to gain advantages from their experiences
- Ways to improve your company’s sales and marketing strategies to specifically address the needs of different customer bases, as identified in CMO selection criteria, during specific decision-making scenarios
- Outsourcing propensity of the different buyers of outsourced services for both drug substance and drug product manufacturing
- How CMO awareness, familiarity, leadership, proposal volume, use and preference vary between outsourcers of development-stage or commercial-scale manufacturing in order to target specific audiences with the precise information they need
- Outsourcing Philosophies and Practices
- CMO Perceptions and Interactions
- CMO Selection Drivers
- Study Data
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.