Looking for our most recent market research report on this topic? Click here.
Data collected by ISR suggest that a large portion of pharmacovigilance activity is and will continue to be outsourced to CROs, niche providers, and business process optimization companies.
The information in this report is valuable to sponsors as a means of making more informed outsourcing decisions, and it provides vendors with data regarding what sponsors are looking for in terms of pharmacovigilance service offerings and capabilities.
- Phases and types of pharmacovigilance activities outsourced by sponsors
- How case processing, regulatory reporting, and benefit-risk management spending is distributed across in-house resources, larger CROs, mid-size CROs, niche pharmacovigilance providers, and business process optimization companies (BPOs)
- The attributes sponsors value most in a pharmacovigilance vendor, the use of preferred providers, and the familiarity with specific vendor offerings
- Future projections for many of these metrics such as the current percent of companies using preferred providers and the anticipated percent of companies using preferred providers in 2016
- Satisfaction with providers and user experience feedback across 12 different attributes for 41 individual pharmacovigilance service providers
- Which drug safety databases are being used most often, which rank highest in user experience, and which attributes are most important when sponsors select a database
- What changes sponsors expect in the pharmacovigilance space (specifically regarding the utilization of social media and automation tools) and how their respective companies plan to adapt to these changes
- Executive Summary
- Use of Pharmacovigilance Services
- Trends in Spending
- Outsourcing Behavior and Experience
- Provider-Specific Attribute Performance
- Drug Safety Database Experience
- Database-Specific Attribute Performance
- Adaptation to Change
- Demographics and Responsibilities
ISR understands that you’re looking for confidence in your market research. With ISR, you’ll consistently receive
- Focused Domain Expertise — We’ve operated in pharmaceuticals for over 15 years and because it’s our sole focus, our domain expertise brings value to the work that “generalist” researchers can’t deliver.
- Genuine Research Expertise — Our market research experience has developed over 20 years in many dynamic industries. We capture appropriate sample sizes, given the research objectives, and we use appropriately sophisticated statistics to uncover everything that’s real and to give you confidence in your decisions. Read our Six Questions to Ask About Your Market Research to learn more about why our industry expertise sets us apart.
- Transparency — If you’re like many, you’ve been disappointed more than once by research providers who fail to live up to their promises, providing you with their “professional judgment” in place of sound data; and suspect contacts instead of real decision-makers. We deliver the beliefs, attitudes, and intentions of people who matter – and we’ll prove it by showing you the titles of your respondents.
For additional questions about any of ISR’s reports or custom research services, please contact us at info@ISRreports.com.